Its Thrifty Thursday and what better time to save some money! With money flying out of wallets for gifts, we need every opportunity to save that we can get. With the holidays here and schedules being so busy, many times we are forced to grab food “to go” or eat while out. Today we have a list of restaurants that offer free kid meal options. Buying for 2 adults is much easier that buying for 4+. Our tip would be to get it “to go”. Why not place your order over the phone and swing by on your way home? It’s a little easier than dragging the whole family down and potentially waiting for a table.
Here is what we found. These restaurants may vary by location or state so please call and check before driving down or placing your order.
Mondays: Applebee’s, NYPD Pizzeria, Jason’s Deli, Dickey’s BBQ
Tuesdays: Ikea, Marie Calendars, Lone Star Steak house
Wednesdays: TGI Fridays, Firehouse Subs,
Thursdays: IHOP, Quiznos
Fridays: Golden Coral
Saturday’s: Marie Calendars
Sundays: Jason’s Deli, Dick’s BBQ
Restaurants that have a Free kids meal EVERYDAY!
Texas de Brazil
Please call your location for specific times and requirements to get these great deals
Also check out Wendy’s free meal deal going on now at http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=13311663
They are giving away a free $1.99 kids meal and a $10 Toys R Us gift card.
“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”
— Rosa Parks
Having a holiday party and can’t get the toilets as clean as you’d like? Do you live in an area that has hard water? Often times this creates more than just cloudy dishes. It can cause some major build up where ever water runs including your toilet. If you have scrubbed and scrubbed but still seem to get a ring around your toilet, you may have some hard water build up. Cleaners and bleaches do not work for these stubborn stains. Only good old fashion elbow grease will work. But you can’t use any ol’ brush. Stiff or wire brushes will ruin your porcelain and make it look worse than before. The answer is a pumice stone! You will still have to scrub, but it will remove your build up. So dig out those pedicure kits under the sink and grab the pumice stone. Now you will actually use them! If you can’t find one lying around, don’t pay a lot for one. Buy a clearance foot care kit after Christmas, keep at the lotions and use the pumice for your toilet! They also sell them at cleaning supply stores.
Time is running out! There are only 8 days until Christmas is among us. This time of year is busy for everyone and can sneak up quick. With work, kids, holiday parties and Christmas shopping how could you have time to plan out some elaborate neighbor gift? No worries. I found this great gift idea that is both EASY and inexpensive.
Peppermint Foot Soak!
Here is what you need
- Jars – preferably the flip lid kind but any will do. Find them at Ikea, the dollar store etc.. Remember they don’t have to match.
- Epsom salts
- Peppermint oil
- Pour Epsom salts into a bowl and add 8-10 drops of peppermint oil
- Pour salt into jars
- Tie ribbon around jars
- Apply label
If you purchase the Avery labels at the store you can use Avery’s “design and print” option to create your own greeting.
Have you been out holiday shopping and they ask, “Would you like to keep the hanger?” Say Yes! These hangers may not be ideal for hanging your clothes but they may be great for other uses. Your new free pant hanger can now be used as a chip clip! Just break of the ends and you now have 2 new clips for chips, cereals and more.
“To simplify is about enhancing our ability to focus on things that really matter, to deliberately choose our priorities, and to refuse to let unimportant things take over the things of real importance.”
Carolyn J. Rasmus
Milk isn’t just for cereal anymore. The lactic acid in milk serves as a gentle skin exfoliant, while its natural fat content acts as a body moisturizer. Add a gallon of whole milk to a tubful of warm water and soak. It’s a great alternative to sugar and salt scrubs, which may be too abrasive for people who suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or sensitive skin. If you prefer a fragranced bath, add 10 to 20 drops of an essential oil, such as lavender.
What’s in formula?
Formula Breast milk
Good question! Every day mother’s have to make a choice between breastfeeding and formula. Sometimes that choice is made for us when the choice to breastfeed is not an option, but for those who do get to choose you might want to consider this information.
First of all, formula is perfectly safe for your baby to ingest. It will offer the nutrients your baby needs to live and grow. Formula is primarily made of the following:
- Purified cow’s milk whey – protein
- Casein – protein
- Vegetable oils – fat
- Lactose – carbohydrate
Breast milk is a little harder to list since each formula is specifically made for your baby. Your body formulates a perfect mix of nutrients, vitamins and antibodies that reduce cases of cancer (in both the mother and child), tumors, allergies, SIDS, obesity, and common illnesses.Why feed your baby animal milk when you are making human milk for free!
Whether you breast or bottle feed, bizzy babee is here to provide a safe product for those special times with you and your baby.
The holidays are a time for family, friends and of course food. All of the delicious treats are hard to resist. What better way to enjoy them, than to bake and take! Making your favorite treats to gift to friends and family is a great way to enjoy a few bites of your favorites without having an entire tray or pan staring you in the face every day. One that stands out in our minds is a seasonal favorite..FUDGE! We found this great peppermint recipe that’s easy and delicious. Enjoy!
Recipe: Peppermint Fudge
- 1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tb. butter + extra for buttering the dish
- 1 lb. dark chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Chunks
- Grease a 8 X 8 or 8 X 11 baking dish. Sprinkle half the peppermint chunks in the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Place a medium sauce pot over medium heat with 2 inches of water. Place a glass bowl over the top–making sure the glass doesn’t touch the water.
- Pour the condensed milk and butter in the bowl and heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and salt in the bowl. Stir the chocolate and watch as it melts and thickens–about 5 minutes.
- The mixture should thicken to a THICK cake batter consistency–almost too thick to pour.
- Add both extracts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Gently tap the dish on the counter for at least a minute to allow air bubbles to rise to the surface and to smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining peppermint chips over the top and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, maybe longer, to set.
- To cut, dip a sharp knife in hot tap water, wipe and cut quickly. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts. Cut into 1 inch squares.
Preparation time: 3 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12+ (up to 64 pieces)
For full details and photos. Visit http://aspicyperspective.com/2011/11/peppermint-fudge.html
-Brought to you by bizzy babee
Pinterest is fast becoming one of the most popular (and addicting) sites for women these days. Its a great place to find ideas and cool stuff for any occasion. In preparation for our Thirfty Thursday update, we found ourselves on Pinterest for some great ideas! We wanted to share some great DIY Christmas gifts for your neighbors, friends and relatives. Here are the ones that made our favorites list.
1. Smores Kits – These are cute and easy. No baking required! This would make a great neighbor, teacher, or workplace gift this season. The red and white striped ribbon turn this everyday treat into a Holiday delight.
2. Scrabble Glass Charms – What a cute Idea for Christmas that your friends can use all year. With New Years around the corner your friends can toast with these clever charms. Visit the site below for several other ideas for your stray scrabble pieces.
3. DIY Vanilla – What a great personal gift that will last all year. Every time your friends and family bake they will remember
this special gift from you.
Thanks to all the crafty blogs and sites that provided these great ideas and Pinterest for bringing them all together. We here at bizzy babee hope you enjoy your holiday season and think of us for your next gift idea!