Milk isn’t just for cereal anymore. The lactic acid in milk serves as a gentle skin exfoliant, while its natural fat content acts as a body moisturizer. Add a gallon of whole milk to a tubful of warm water and soak. It’s a great alternative to sugar and salt scrubs, which may be too abrasive for people who suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or sensitive skin. If you prefer a fragranced bath, add 10 to 20 drops of an essential oil, such as lavender.
What’s in formula?
Formula Breast milk
Good question! Every day mother’s have to make a choice between breastfeeding and formula. Sometimes that choice is made for us when the choice to breastfeed is not an option, but for those who do get to choose you might want to consider this information.
First of all, formula is perfectly safe for your baby to ingest. It will offer the nutrients your baby needs to live and grow. Formula is primarily made of the following:
- Purified cow’s milk whey – protein
- Casein – protein
- Vegetable oils – fat
- Lactose – carbohydrate
Breast milk is a little harder to list since each formula is specifically made for your baby. Your body formulates a perfect mix of nutrients, vitamins and antibodies that reduce cases of cancer (in both the mother and child), tumors, allergies, SIDS, obesity, and common illnesses.Why feed your baby animal milk when you are making human milk for free!
Whether you breast or bottle feed, bizzy babee is here to provide a safe product for those special times with you and your baby.
The holidays are a time for family, friends and of course food. All of the delicious treats are hard to resist. What better way to enjoy them, than to bake and take! Making your favorite treats to gift to friends and family is a great way to enjoy a few bites of your favorites without having an entire tray or pan staring you in the face every day. One that stands out in our minds is a seasonal favorite..FUDGE! We found this great peppermint recipe that’s easy and delicious. Enjoy!
Recipe: Peppermint Fudge
- 1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tb. butter + extra for buttering the dish
- 1 lb. dark chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Chunks
- Grease a 8 X 8 or 8 X 11 baking dish. Sprinkle half the peppermint chunks in the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Place a medium sauce pot over medium heat with 2 inches of water. Place a glass bowl over the top–making sure the glass doesn’t touch the water.
- Pour the condensed milk and butter in the bowl and heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and salt in the bowl. Stir the chocolate and watch as it melts and thickens–about 5 minutes.
- The mixture should thicken to a THICK cake batter consistency–almost too thick to pour.
- Add both extracts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Gently tap the dish on the counter for at least a minute to allow air bubbles to rise to the surface and to smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining peppermint chips over the top and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, maybe longer, to set.
- To cut, dip a sharp knife in hot tap water, wipe and cut quickly. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts. Cut into 1 inch squares.
Preparation time: 3 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12+ (up to 64 pieces)
For full details and photos. Visit http://aspicyperspective.com/2011/11/peppermint-fudge.html
-Brought to you by bizzy babee
Pinterest is fast becoming one of the most popular (and addicting) sites for women these days. Its a great place to find ideas and cool stuff for any occasion. In preparation for our Thirfty Thursday update, we found ourselves on Pinterest for some great ideas! We wanted to share some great DIY Christmas gifts for your neighbors, friends and relatives. Here are the ones that made our favorites list.
1. Smores Kits – These are cute and easy. No baking required! This would make a great neighbor, teacher, or workplace gift this season. The red and white striped ribbon turn this everyday treat into a Holiday delight.
2. Scrabble Glass Charms – What a cute Idea for Christmas that your friends can use all year. With New Years around the corner your friends can toast with these clever charms. Visit the site below for several other ideas for your stray scrabble pieces.
3. DIY Vanilla – What a great personal gift that will last all year. Every time your friends and family bake they will remember
this special gift from you.
Thanks to all the crafty blogs and sites that provided these great ideas and Pinterest for bringing them all together. We here at bizzy babee hope you enjoy your holiday season and think of us for your next gift idea!
“It’s not easy being grateful all the time. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitue can give you”
Brought to you by bizzy babee
When you receive your Holiday “Photo” greeting cards this year, snap a picture of the photo on the card with your smartphone! Now go to your contacts, find their name, click edit and upload this picture so when your phone rings, the families picture shows up! Now you don’t have to worry about what to do with the photo greeting cards after the holiday’s are over.
Happy Holidays from bizzy babee
There are many tips, tricks and pregnancy myths out there. When a woman gets pregnant it seems as though everyone has great advise they want to share, but how much of it is true? Well let’s cover some popular ones that don’t stand up to the tests of science.
- It’s a boy! Or is it a girl??? Often times people will tell you that carrying your baby a certain way, (high or low) will help you to determine the sex of your baby. Sorry but it won’t. Every person and baby are different. How the baby is carried will give you no indication of the sex of the baby.
- Bring on the spicy! Well you are more than welcome to eat spicy foods but they will not induce your labor. They may however create cramping, gas pains and possible diarrhea. Although these symptoms may feel like labor, they are not. Keep the spicy foods to a minimum.
- Skip the FLU shot? Not true. Even while pregnant you should get your flu shot to ensure a safe and healthy pregnancy. The shot will not harm your baby.
- A tooth for a baby. They say that you loose a tooth with every baby, but we are not living in the 1800’s any longer. Go to your regularly scheduled cleaning and make sure to continue you brushing and flossing habits. You’ll be sure to end this pregnancy with all the teeth you started with.
- No fish here? No way! Fish is very healthy for you. Eating 2 servings a week is a great idea while you are pregnant. You should avoid mercury. There are some kinds of fish that have higher levels of mercury such as swordfish, shark, tilefish and mackerel. I don’t see these on the menu too often, but if one of these is your favorite try switching to salmon, tuna, or even shrimp until the pregnancy is over. The catch is it should all be cooked. Yes that means avoiding sushi with raw fish in it. If you have a favorite roll with cooked fish, enjoy!
Bizzy babee hopes you have a happy and healthy pregnancy
We here at bizzy babee know how busy you can get during the holiday season. It’s hard to get your day-to-day routine done and still have time to shop, bake, wrap, etc. If you need a last minute recipe that is easy and the kids will love, try this out.
1 Loaf French bread
¼ cup water
1 lb. ground beef
6oz. cream cheese
1 cups grated cheese
Your favorite seasonings
- Brown the beef and drain the fat (add seasonings of your choice. Salt, pepper, garlic etc..)
- Add cream cheese, ½ cup grated cheese and water. Melt ingredients together and turn pan to low.
- Cut the lid off the French. You want to make your cut on top of the loaf to create a boat.
- Remove the bread from inside the loaf and gently break into chunks
- Put the chunks in the pan with the meat and fold the bread into mix.
- Pour the mix back into your empty loaf boat.
- Top with the remaining grated cheese
- Wrap entire loaf in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20mins
- Remove from oven and slice to serve
brought to you by bizzy babee
“Aging is not ‘lost youth’ but a new stage of opportunity and strength.”
— Betty Friedan
If you haven’t grabbed one of our great offers this month, this might be your last chance! This Thursday we will be featured on Zulily. You will be able to get one of our Nursing Covers for half off. Even some of our sold out colors will be availible! This will be our LAST sale of the year with savings this great. So mark it on your calendars and keep watching our site for more “BUSTED” giveaways and sneak peaks of next years new colors.
Brought to you by bizzybabee