Every time you walk into a movie theater, fair, carnival or mall you smell them…..cinnamon almonds! The small is delightful. After your free sample of ONE nut, you decide that you might buy a whole bag. Then things comes to a screeching halt as you learn the nuts are $5,$8, $12 dollars…..What! Well we have the solution. We found a great blog that has a recipe for cinnamon almonds you can make right in your crock pot. Make a batch and throw them in your diaper bag or purse. Now you can have this tasty treat anytime.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups raw almonds
- ⅛-1/4 cup water
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add almonds to egg mixture and stir to coat.
- Add coated almonds to sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and add almonds.
- Cook on low (lid on) for 3½ hours, stirring every 20 minutes (Important!)
- At start of last hour, add ⅛ cup to ¼ cup of water to almonds and stir thoroughly. You want the sugars to look slightly syrupy.
- Spread onto wax paper or parchment, breaking up any large clumps, and allow to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments