Banana bread is Yuuuuumy! It never hurts to have a goos banana bread recipe laying around. We like to save our old black bananas in the freezer so we can make banana bread anytime.
Here is a family recipe that we love.
What you need:
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
6 tbs. sour milk (to sour milk add 3-4 drops vinegar or lemon juice to milk)
6 bananas (black)
1 cup nuts (optional)
What to do:
1. Cream together sugar, shortening, eggs, vanilla, and milk
2. mix dry ingredients in separate bowl
3. Add dry ingredients to sugar mix 1 cup at a time while blending with mixer
4. Mash bananas and add to mixture
5. Add nuts if desired
6. Grease loaf pan
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 mins.
-Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments