Need a one dish dinner? We all do this time of year. This festive dinner is quick and easy and looks great on your fall table. Check out the recipe!
Here is what your need:
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
Here is what you do:
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) In a large skillet sauté onions in vegetable oil until tender.
- Add meat and brown.
- Drain drippings from skillet.
- Add soy sauce, mushrooms,brown sugar and soup.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice and water chestnuts.
- Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell.
- Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin, with filling, on a baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
- Put pumpkin on a plate.
- Remove pumpkin lid and serve meat.
- For your vegetable, scoop out pumpkin and serve.
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments