We love healthy recipes which is why we love the Slender Kitchen! If you haven’t discovered this site yet, head over and build your menu ASAP. The recipes are delicious and they provide you with all the nutritional information you need such as fat, calories and even point value! There are dozens of recipes that we call favors but today we are featuring their Crock Pot Korean Beef Tacos. Here are the instructions:
Weight Watchers Korean Beef Tacos
Points: 5 weight watchers pointsplus for just the beef, 6 points for 2 tacos
Serving Size: 1/2 cup beef or 2 tacos with slaw
Nutritional Information: 207.9 calories, 6.5 g of fat, 2.7 g of carbohydrates, 3.1 g of fiber, 17.4 g of protein
2 pounds beef roast, trimmed of fat
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
10 cloves of intact garlic
1/2 red onion, diced
2 jalapenos, diced
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Combine the sugar, soy sauce, red onion, jalapenos, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame seeds in a small bowl.
2. Add the beef and garlic to the crock pot and cover with the sauce.
3. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. When it has 30 minutes left to cook and the beef can be easily shredded with a fork, break it into larger pieces. Continue cooking without the lid on so the sauce thickens up.
4. Finish shredded the beef and serve over warm corn tortillas with jicama slaw.
To make the jicama slaw
1. Combine half a bag cole slaw mix, 1/2 diced jicama, 1/4 chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 2 tbsp peanut dressing, 1 tsp Asian hot sauce, and the juice of two limes. Mix together and serve on the side or on top of the taco itself.
For full instructions with pictures visit:
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments