I know we try to keep these recipes healthy but sometimes a good pie just needs to be on the list! What a great summertime dessert to bring to your next BBQ. This tasty treat will be worth the time (and calories). Just make sure to share your pie with lots of friends and partake in that potato sack race and those calories will be gone before you know it!
Strawberry-Pretzel Icebox Pie
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup butter, melted $
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries $
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened $
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. strawberry gelatin (1/2 [3-oz.] package)
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Process strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- 3. Beat condensed milk and next 2 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. (Use the whisk attachment if using a stand mixer.) Add strawberries; beat at low speed just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4. Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form; gently fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze 8 to 12 hours or until firm.
- 5. Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until foamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over pie. Freeze 1 hour or until whipped cream is firm.
Thanks to My recipes for providing this tasty treat
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments