Are you tired of taking the same side dish to Thanksgiving or your holiday party? Well fear not! I have a recipe that is a crowd pleaser and not often seen. I have taken this dish to parties and people love it! In fact I just had someone ask me for the recipe again last week. This corn casserole is wonderful and easy.
Corn Casserole Recipe
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 -1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
3. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar.
5. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.
Tip: If you are taking this to a party, don’t use your favorite casserole dish. Buy a tin foil tray from your local grocery store. Then you don’t have to worry about getting your dish returned or lingering around the party trying to wash it while no one is looking. :)
If you have a recipe you want to share. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org