This week we are talking about cool baby trends this year. We’ll cover everything from safety to fashion. This info will keep you in the loop on the latest trends so you and your baby will be up to up to date while out shopping or hanging with your neighborhood playgroup.
Here’s the hottest info in no particular order.
10. Hi-tech monitors – with todays smart phones and apps, iPhones and iPads can sync right to your baby monitor for instant info on your infant
9. Smart carts – Todays strollers are not your mother’s buggies. Companies like Quinny and Origami offer strollers in
cool colors and have features such as iPod docs and self-folding functions.
8. Bump this – No more bumpers in cribs! New safety standards state that bumpers can increase the risk of choking and suffocation. So throw them out and go with decorative sheets that have printed sides to give the effects of a bumper in your crib.
7. Euro Inspiration – European inspired furniture is all the rage at the baby expo this year. Several options are available such as Babyhouse or my favorite IKEA!
6. Organics – If its natural, its in. Organic clothes, bedding and products are all the rage and great for your baby.
5. Transparencies – Transparent furniture hit fairs and expos big this year. Cribs with clear sides playpens and chairs all made their debut.
4. Handcrafted Art and furniture – With sites like Etsy and Pintrest its no surprise that do it yourself items are in trends. For those who don’t DIY, there are several great artists online that you can purchase handmade products from.
3. Glow in the dark – Ever have a hard time changing a babies diaper in the middle of the night without turning on all the lights? Well fear no more. Baby Dee Dee light now makes PJ’s with glow in the dark zippers for those nighttime changes.
2. Go green – No more plastic bottles! For those parents who bottle feed, plastic is out and new aluminum bottles are in. They are safer for the environment and for your baby. Those plastics have toxins that could harm your little one.
1. Multi-purpose products! – We all want function in our fashion so it’s no surprise that this is a huge trend. Purses that double for diaper bags, cribs that turn into toddler beds, and of course nursing wraps that double as blankets and a fashion friendly poncho!
You didn’t think I was going to write this whole blog and not mention how cool our product is! Bizzy Babee wraps offer a few things our competitors don’t. Since we use such a high quality breathable fabric, our wraps can be used even after you’re done breastfeeding. Our wraps have no suffocation warnings and are soft to the touch. Our wraps hang in a flattering diagonal for fashion and function, but lay and fold in a rectangle for use as a blanket or throw. So grab one for you and wrap one up as a gift for your next shower.
Visit us in our upcoming weeks for the best baby shower gifts and a fun work out video you wont want to miss!