Food Friday – Healthy Menu’s
Planning healthy meals isn’t always easy. Often times our “go to” recipes that we learned from our mothers are not the healthiest ones in the book. This site has a full month of healthy recipes for you to build your menu off of.
Here is a favorite to start you off:
Spiced Chicken With Couscous SaladServes 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 3/4 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 pound snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the paprika, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, snap peas, basil, lemon zest and juice, remaining oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to couscous. Toss to combine.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the couscous.
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments