Food Friday – Mini Carmel Apples
We’ve seen these mini carmel apples floating around and decided to give it a shot. First of all….they are delicious! No worrying about biting into a huge apple and loosing a tooth. These are soft, bite size and the right proportion for a delightful treat.
Here’s what you need:
Carmel: 1 bag
Sticks: 1 bag
Butter: aprox. 2-4 tbs.
Water: 1 tsp.
Toppings: nuts, coconut, sprinkles etc.
1. Use the melon baller to scoop out a ball of apple. You ball will have a flat side that the peel was on. Your apple should sit nicely on this flat side
2. Insert lollipop stick into the top of the apple ball. Repeat until you have the desired amount of pops.
3. In pan or double boiler, heat carmel on medium low. Add water and butter as needed to thin caramel
4. Dip apple pops in carmel. Use wooden spoon to coat the apple.
5. Roll warm apple in topping.
6. Immediately refrigerate to set carmel or eat right away!
If you are having trouble getting the carmel to stick to the apple, try using carmel or peanut butter chips instead. The ticker consistency will stick better.
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments