Food Friday – Whole Wheat Oatmeal Berry Crumb Bars
Todays recipe come to us from Nature Box. These oatmeal bars are both delicious and nutritious!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine berries, sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, vanilla and cold butter, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Spread 2/3 of the batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread berry mixture evenly over the bottom layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 of the batter and turbinado sugar.
5. Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into bars.
Find this recipe at:
Or follow Nature Box on Facebook at:
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments