Thrifty Thursday – Classy Glass
Colored glass is all the rage! They make great home and garden accents, but boy are they costly. They can run $10, $20, and $30 for just one piece at the local hobby or craft store. We are going to show you how to make your own. Save all of your used glass pieces and follow these instructions.
1. Empty glass bottle/s (make sure it’s clean and free from grease/oil)
2. Vitrail glass paint (P99 in National Bookstore; available in several colors)
3. Acetone or nail polish remover (used as a thinner for the paint) – If you use nail polish remover it must contain acetone.
1. Combine glass paint with a small amount of acetone (just enough to partially thin down the paint’s consistency) in the bottle.
2. Mix them together. Slowly swirl the paint mixture until the entire interior of the glass is coated with paint.
3. Don’t worry if the paint looks cloudy. It will eventually become translucent with a glass-like finish as it dries. Let the paint dry completely for a couple of days before you put water in it and use as a flower vase.
For step by step instructions visit: http://mydesignfolder.com/design-blog/d-i-y-stained-bottles/
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments