Thrifty Thursday – Money For Your School
When kids hit school age the money flows out of our pockets just as fast as it flows in. School clothes, supplies, sports, dance, lunch money!!!….. The list goes on and on. It’s hard to donate money to your local elementary or secondary school when we’ve broken the bank on everything else. Did you know that you can give your school a ton of cash and never spend a dime?
There are several programs and sponsors out there that are more than happy to donate money to YOUR school. Here’s how! Many companies will donate money for gathering labels, points, and proof of purchase when you buy their products. Others will match a percentage when using their services. Here is a list of a few:
1. Box tops! - This is a popular one. Many products hold these special labels that really add up! Clip them and save them in a drawer and send them in with your child…but that’s not all. Visit their website and create an account and you can earn points playing games, shopping online, and even get coupons for products that have the labels. For a full list of participants, click the link!
2. Campbell’s Soup Labels – Similar to the box top program, clip the labels for earnings. You can also shop online or sign up for a shopper card to earn more quickly. Click the link for the the participating brands.
3. Your local grocery store – Ask your local grocer if they have a program for earning money or points for the local schools. Many do and just do not advertise. You can link your shopper discount card to your school at the beginning of each year and they will do the rest for you! Look for a “community” link on your grocers page. A sample of the Smith’s program is linked here.
4. Cash/Grants – Earn money for your school by applying and implementing healthy programs in your school. There are several programs out there that will reward schools for making healthy changes such as walking, snack options, and even teacher health. Here
5. Lysol – They are awarding schools with cash prizes for participating in their “Cash for Schools” program. Read more about what you need to do to apply by clicking the Lysol link
6. Terracycle – This program was put together by luchables and capri sun. They are rewarding schools and kids by recycling their juice pouches and containers. To learn more click on the terracycle link.
7. Land-o-lakes http://www.savefiveforschools.com - Their program is a called “Save five for school”. Save lids and labels and earn $.05 cents per label similar to the other label programs out there.
8. Target - The take charge of education program is easily tracked with no saving labels or caps. Simply use your REDcard (credit card through target) and they will give 1% of all your purchases to the school of your choosing.
9. Tyson Chicken – You can sign up for the Tyson A+ project and start earning money for your school by purchasing Tyson chicken products. Get more details and register at the link here.
10. Scholastic/Kellogg’s – These two companies have come together to give free books to your school. You enter codes from participating products and you can earn free books for your school! Easy. Click the link for more info and to register.
Brought to you by bizzy babee, Inc. Predictable nursing covers for those unpredictable moments